Thursday, 20 August 2009

Stitch n' photos

Working at Noble Macmillan we see a lot of beautiful old albums that come back to us for engraving full of amazing pictures lovingly pasted in, so I find it a little embarrassing that I haven't stuck any photos in an album since I left university...four years ago. When 4 friends came to supper for a stitch n' bitch session on Tuesday I decided that my tapestry would have to suffer in favour of fishing out all my photos and starting the mammoth job of getting them in an album (a beautiful leather Noble Macmillan album of course!).The sorting out of the photos is really the hard work, once that's done the sticking in is actually a piece of cake. Organisation is key so I started by getting them all into order with coloured marker tabs - I know, I'm such a geek. I have also just bought some really sweet alphabet stamps from Amazon and I used them to write the dates and places. By the end of the evening I have to admit that I hadn't made it anywhere near the end of my album (it's possible that my progress may have been somewhat hampered by a couple of glasses of wine and a fair amount of gossiping), but it was definitely a good start. So if you have a mounting pile of photos that are stressing you out, I highly recommend getting all your friends round and making a night of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment